TMF has mid- to high-volume Chromate Conversion Coating capabilities for parts in lengths up to 9 ½ ft. long.
Chromate, Chemical Film, Iridite and Alodine each refer to essentially the same process, the application of a chromate conversion coating on aluminum.
Chromate produces a finish which protects from corrosion, assures good paint adhesion and conducts electricity. It offers less corrosion resistance than other finishes such as anodizing but does not resist abrasion.
We offer rack-plated, chromate conversion coating in three color choices: Clear, Hexavalent Yellow and RoHS Compliant which will be clear in appearance with a slight blue haze.
At TMF we offer Chromate to:
- Type 1 – Hexavalent chromium (not RoHS compliant)
- Type 2 – Trivalent/ non-Hex (RoHS)
- Class 1A – Yellow
- Class 3 -Clear/Light Yellow
- MIL-C-5541 (Obsolete spec still in use)
- Class 1A -Yellow (not RoHS compliant)
- Class 3 -Light Yellow (not RoHS compliant)
Certificates of compliance are provided upon request.